Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 26 of Halloween: 'Ghosts in American Houses' by James Reynolds


 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71FX7%2B9ZuEL._SY300_.jpg

I really enjoyed this book. Perhaps what I found most compelling is how each story is based on an old legend, reported sightings of hauntings and bone-chilling stories told by first hand accounts and witnesses. Many date back to the 1800's. So, while the stories are of hauntings and legends, they are also written out much the same as a short story or a fable would be told.

Most are legends of haunted places, houses, and ghosts primarily in America. With tales of restless spirits, vengeful ghosts, family feuds and betrayals, and the spirits of lost loves wandering. The tales are quite haunting. I read mine by lamplight and alone, and a few made me want to look over my shoulder. Very eery and exciting reading!

There is a great variety of stories, and all entertaining. I would recommend, especially for those who love ghostly tales and haunted houses!

Rating: 4.5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...